Why Choose Us
Why choose Alaska’s Big Salmon Lodge and Sitka for your fishing adventure
- Sitka has some of the highest catch rates in Southeast Alaska
- Easy travel to Sitka, Alaska Airlines offers commercial 737 service with several flights daily from the lower 48.
- Salmon migrate thru the waters around Sitka continuously throughout the season. Bright chrome hard fighting Salmon (best table fare)
- Fish for multiple species in the same day, giant Kings and Coho’s, barn door halibut, rockfish and lingcod.
The commute from Sitka to our lodge is a short 10-15-minute boat ride (no white-knuckle puddle jumpers, no 2 hour commute from town to a distant lodge)
- The minute you arrive at Sitka, we take care of you. We will work hard to ensure you have an enjoyable and unforgettable experience.
- We provide our guest with the finest fishing charter, lodging and dining experience Alaska has to offer.
- Limited number of guest stay with us at any given time (8-10), we consider it a privilege to have you as our guest. You are more than just a face in the crowd here at Alaska’s Big Salmon Lodge.
- Our Alaskan style island lodge is remote enough so that you can experience the serenity of Alaska’s wilderness, yet close enough to town where you can explore Sitka and its culture.